Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thankful Much?

I know that you Blog or Facebook frequenters out there have seen a lot on this theme but what is Thanksgiving without a gratitude shout out?

I would have to say this is one of my favorite songs right now and so fitting for Thanksgiving!  Who doesn't want to spend Thanksgiving at HOME with family and friends.



At the beginning of this month I really wanted to write a letter to everyone I was grateful for,letting them know just how much I appreciated them all.  A LOFTY goal to say the least.  I may still pull it off but I am pretty doubtful.  For you readers today I thought I would do some quick "Thank You" notes Jimmy Fallon style.  Here is my rendition. 


Thank You, Poli-Sci teacher...for teaching me right out of EVER thinking of politics as a career path.

Thank You, wine...for making me feel sophisticated WHILE intoxicated.

Thank You, Heather...one of my best buddies in the whole world and calamitous partner in crime.  Someone I can always say "It could always be worse" to and be proven wrong every time.

Thank You, neighbors....for leaving your Halloween decorations out all through November...making me feel just a little less bad about not decorating much for this so neglected holiday.

Thank You, Days of Our Lives...for entertaining me while I work each day and for giving me just one more embarrassing skeleton in my closet.

Thank You, full time school/part time work/full time mom/entrepreneur status...for reminding me each and everyday that doing things backwards is REALLY REALLY hard!

Thank You, sweater weather....for hiding those five pounds that I keep "swearing" I am going to take off.

Thank You, kid kin-x and blocks...for gracing my floor with your presence each and every day.

Thank You, laundry pile....for providing a place for my kids to hide while playing hide and seek and a bed for my doggy fit for a king.

Thank You, hats...I have gotten a lot of use out of you the last few weeks.  I promise I will give you a break...soon(ish)

Thank You, scarves...for keeping me on my toes.  I have yet to figure out just how to wear you, but I will.  I am always up for a challenge.

Thank You, "Because" and "Actually"...the two favorite big words that come out of "B's" little mouth.  You help her get away with so much..for that she is grateful.

Thank You, inappropriately early Christmas music...for hitting the radio while we are still coming out of our Halloween candy comma. 

In all seriousness I truly am grateful for so much.  I am so incredibly blessed with an amazing family, kids, hubby, friends.  I have so much....life is good.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  I hope it is a great one for all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment